The spokesman of the Episcopate recalled that there used to be pictures of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in the houses and that there were retreats and missions about His Sacred Heart. “They led people to trust God and His love in difficult times, and this was very much needed in the 20th century,” noted Fr. Rytel-Andrianik.
On July 27, 1920, in the face of the Bolshevik threat, the Polish bishops made at Jasna Góra the Act of Consecration of the Polish nation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Three weeks later, on August 15, 1920, the victorious battle was fought on the outskirts of Warsaw, known as the “Miracle on the Vistula”.
On the occasion of consecrating our Homeland to the Heart of Jesus, Pope Benedict XV wrote to the Polish Episcopate: more”.
In 1951 and 1976, the Act of Consecration of the Polish nation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus was renewed on the initiative of Cardinal Stefan Wyszy┼äski. In 2011, it was renewed by Card. Józef Glemp, and on March 25 this year, the chairman of the Polish Bishops’ Conference, Archbishop Stanis┼éaw G─ůdecki, entrusting the Church in Poland to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.